Thursday, January 1, 2009

Prowler

Mistopher Christopher Sunshine
Lives at home with us ----
He keeps things at a lively pace
(sometimes it’s scandalous)

Before we wake – he’s up at work
And into everything –
Brown shoes turn black;
The cookies gone –
Then he begins to sing.

His busy little hands begin
Their work at prep of dawn –
A trail of mischief thru the house
He leaves, then travels on.

Now into cupboards, shelves and drawers –Mothers Bobbie pins –
And Daddy’s tools a – a must!
The play room floor laid thick
And white with talcum powder dust.

Written by Orvilla in the 1950's when Chris was young.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite of Grandma's poems. I'm not exactly sure why. I think I can see my Dad through it even though I obviously never knew him when he was a child. Also I love the nickname "Mistopher Christopher". I love how the poem is uncontrived and seems to have it's own existence.

    ReplyDelete